I am very honored to say that one of my pinhole photos will be in a book of Pinhole photography: The f/D Book of Pinhole. It is currently a Kickstarter, currently 75% funded and 31 days to go!
From the press kit and Kickstarter page:
The book will contain:
- 99 pinhole photos: 60 B&W, 39 color
- Introductory text and descriptions of the techniques used to produce the photos throughout the book
- A directory of the photographers included in the book, so that you can find more work by your favorites
The book will be printed to these exacting standards:
- Offset printing - the standard for the highest quality books
- 100# paper - paper nerds know that's good stuff
- Soft cover - made from heavy cover stock
- 8 inches X 8 inches - not too big, not too small!
- Over 140 pages total - lotsa photos! Technique intros!
The ƒ/D Book of Pinhole was compiled for all fans of photography.
For the curious, it serves as a great introduction into pinhole as well as providing a visual roadmap for your creative exploration.
For the experienced pinhole photographer, the book provides inspiration and ideas to continue your journey.
For lensed photographers, this visual journey shows new ways to approach photographic image making and what can be done with a long exposure.
For photography collectors, the book will include a directory of included photographers and info on where to find more of their work.
Please consider backing the project! You can find it here: www.kickstarter.com/projects/537638366/the-f-d-book-of-pinhole
About the image
This is one of the photos in the book by my good buddy and pinhole photographer extraordinaire, Todd Schlemmer. He is also one of the 99 artists featured in the book. I also feel like I should mention that I was standing right next to him when he took this shot, and might've even tried it myself (but mine didn't come out nearly as good). Please check out his awesome photography!